The amount that Sage pays for “individual” and “family” benefits is equal to additional hourly pay of $1.71 and $5.27 respectively.
The Tier 1 Support Technical Administrator is responsible for overseeing and supporting front line technical needs in the production plant. This includes support for hardware, software, reporting, communication, and liaison with the IT vendors and internal staff. The technical administrator will also perform the asset processing, detailed evaluations, upgrade, and critical data security functions within production. This position has the responsibility to bring out the highest value of the products, while also protecting any sensitive data stored on the systems.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Attend to plant users to analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose hardware or software problems that need immediate attention or is considered of Tier 1 nature.
- Actively monitor the status of systems and infrastructure in use by Operations to identify proactively areas of opportunities.
- Provide on site support in making changes to lines configurations and landscape within the plant premises.
- Respond to Operations team technical inquiries and assist in troubleshooting and resolving challenges.
- Complete detailed reports listing requests to technical assistance, steps taken to resolve them, and the specific dates/individuals involved.
- Assist management in creating training materials pertaining to computer troubleshooting and usage.
- Act as the initial point of contact for all computer and system related concerns from Operations team.
- Research, create, organize and file documentation pertaining to processing new asset models or categories.
- Maintain a knowledge base of solution to ensure reusability.
- Submit tickets on behalf of the Operations team and follow up on resolution progress then communicate closure.
- Coordinate communication with vendors and internal partners on technical topics.
- Review certain technical logs and reports for the purpose of calling out anomalies or trends that need attention or action. Follow up on such call outs.
- Manage the COA process and digital content associated within Operations including but not limited to licenses, files, equipment configurations and inventory, etc.
- Align maintenance and other technical events (like update, etc.) with Operations schedules to ensure proper communication and avoidance of conflicts. This is accomplished by managing the communication between IT, Vendors, and Operations, based on business needs and technical mandates.
- Assist in the prioritization of technical demand from Operations by providing technical insight and coordinate/communicate with IT based on capacity available to process the demand.
- Provide tier 1 production and employee technical support during business hours and after hours on-call as needed. Must have good follow-up skills.
- Audits and inspects designated incoming assets to improve yield of products to reuse and resale channels.
- Works with Sales and Technology and Innovation to determine how assets can be configured into finished goods for resale to enhance our yield.
- Writes work instructions, documents processes, and creates documents/videos to illustrate lessons learned and knowledge gained from recoveries. Updates and manages technical data repository to ensure a strong, accurate and consistent knowledge base across all sites.
- Works with the Process Improvement team to roll out training to all sites. Works with all sites on follow up Q&A, and training on your area of technical expertise. Participate in weekly meetings with all Technical Engineers and lead discussions for your area of expertise.
- Supports all areas of Sage at assigned location as may be required to support customer and company needs.
- Contributes to the development and ongoing improvement of the culture / systems / and processes in support of the Sage Credo.
- Recognize and provide timely feedback to management, project managers, and lead support technicians with regard to roadblocks as needed.
- Protect SageSE’s technical brand by securing information, practicing need-to-know, maintaining company privacy, and adhering to best practices.
- Associate’s degree in technology related field, or equivalent related experience
- Three+ years’ experience in a technology related field
- Basic knowledge of installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of technical equipment (servers, laptops, desktops, phone, mobile, networking, printers, office equipment)
- Ability to configure, repair and/or upgrade electronic assets
- Ability to identify and install pc hardware and peripherals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in various forms (written, oral or diagram)
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, comprehension
- Self-starter, team-oriented, and excellent attention to detail
- Results oriented individual, who demonstrates urgency, ownership, and personal accountability
- Ability to travel to other sites or customer locations (10% of time)
- Ability to lift 50 lb’s or more
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience in an ITAD environment
- Previous experience in a logistics / warehouse / production facility
- Technology vendor certifications
Click here to download the job description.