Computer Repair Technician
Sage is looking for a Computer Repair Technician to perform asset processing, detailed evaluation, upgrade, and critical data security functions. This position has the responsibility to bring out the highest value of the products, while also protecting any sensitive data stored on the systems.
Why Sage? Every team member makes the world a better place, every day. Our Mission is making the world more Sustainable by extending the life of electronics. Our clients are some of the largest enterprise technology users in the world, fueling rapid growth and numerous career opportunities to do well while doing good.
- Evaluates electronic assets and determines value based on physical and operational condition.
- Performs data security on electronic assets.
- Configures, upgrades and tests computer hardware and peripherals.
- Inspects, classifies, diagnoses, evaluates, disassembles, and repairs computer hardware.
- Evaluates and identifies hardware for specific disposition (resell, repair, harvest, recycle, etc.).
- Upgrades products through the addition of new hardware.
- Adjusts, repairs, and replaces worn or defective parts.
- Works with Sales to evaluate the feasibility to repair and/or upgrade assets.
- Enters detailed asset information into the ERP system that is not auto-populated by the data security software.
- Evaluates inventory on hand to determine if parts are available for upgrade and/or repair. Submits orders for parts from inventory that are needed for upgrades or submit a request for parts that are not currently in stock.
- Installs operating system (OS) to computer products per procedure.
- Cross trains in all areas within Operations to ensure site flexibility and contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of the Operations systems and processes.
- Associate’s degree in a technology field, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience working with hardware products, preferably in a repair related field
- Strong computer literacy
- Results oriented, team oriented, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel to other sites or customer locations (10% of time)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting ability
- BIOS configuration
- Ability to configure, repair and/or upgrade electronic assets
- Ability to identify and install pc hardware and peripherals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in various forms (written, oral or diagram)
- Strong written, verbal, and comprehension communication skills
OUR PASSION IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY!
Our success with people directly impacts our success in meeting and surpassing our mission. Our investment in helping you to either further or start your career is essential to our success. So, if you’re serious we’re serious about investing in investing in your career in the ITAD Industry! Let’s connect and talk about your future!
Sage Sustainable Electronics is on a mission:
We're making the world more sustainable by extending the life of electronics.
In simple terms, this means better value, less waste and a smaller carbon footprint for businesses. We provide a full range of lifecycle services for every hardware platform from the desktop to the data center to mobility. We don’t recycle. In fact, we hate it. It’s contrary to our reuse mission. But when recycling is necessary, we are proud to be certified e-Stewards because we are uncompromising about the responsible e-waste management.
Sage Sustainable Electronics is an equal opportunity employer and fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. Sage Sustainable Electronics does not discriminate against associates or applicants because of race, color, genetic information, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, ancestry, national origin, veteran status, military status, pregnancy, disability, marital status, familial status, or other characteristics protected by law. Equal employment is extended to all person in all aspects of the associate-employer relationship including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, discipline, reduction in staff, termination, assignment of benefits, and any other term or condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Work Location: One location
- Health insurance
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.
Email your resume with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org