Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Review and analyze requests submitted by business or technical sources. Where applicable, take ownership of assigned tasks either to complete or to resolve issues or setup new features in the infrastructure and security space.
- Consistently meet established SLAs between the business and IT.
- Champion the execution and support of Business Technology governance topics.
- Provide feedback on actual practices compared to expectations to update IT policies and procedures.
- Enforce policies and procedures in coordination with involved vendors.
- Act as an on-premises extension of remote users or vendors.
- First line of defense for requests not automatically handled by Demand Management.
- Create Tasks and User Stories on Azure DevOps tool and maintain the work items by ensuring they are up to date.
- Participate in the emergency support via communication channels like Teams, phone, email, text, app, and other means adopted by Sage.
- Provide prompt support when on call to internal and external users.
- Develop trust in relationships with partners and timely respond to questions and concerns from managers and executives with supporting research and recommendations.
- Handle hardware and on-site Business Technology work related to infrastructure and security like hardware, cabling engagements, plant setup or maintenance, etc.
- Make entries to knowledge base as necessary.
- Generate reports as needed for management for decision making.
- Follow up on open demand request in scope of the job description to see them to completion.
- Onboard new users to Business Technology standards and practices including hardware, software, and Demand Management.
Attend training and obtain certifications in the intended areas of expertise.
- Represent Business Technology in discussions with the business before projects or initiatives are committed.
Identify the root cause of issues and realize when dealing with symptoms, trust but verify claims.
- Research options to achieve goals and offer to business better fit solutions, if applicable.
- Ensure that requirements are detailed enough to eliminate vagueness and can be used for testing.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Own certain initiatives where applicable and see them to completion by coordinating communication and efforts.
- Complete plans and follow-up on open topics timely.
- Use data to provide insight on issues or root causes or validate theories and assumptions.
- Prepare materials for meetings and communication including PowerPoint presentations and Excel charts.
- Escalate as appropriate to the right level in a timely manner while putting forward relevant and clear facts.
- Perform all duties with quality and a caring attitude towards internal and external customers.
- Continuously keep stakeholders updated on open initiatives status at the appropriate frequency level.
- Author and update internal and external documentation and take necessary steps to secure relevant signoffs needed to keep initiatives on track and satisfy stakeholder expectations.
- Follow policies, processes, and procedures at the department and company levels to ensure compliance and meet quality standards.
- Effectively troubleshoot problems in a timely manner, where applicable, to ensure all committed sprint deliverables are completed on time.
- Analyze demand and solutions. Challenge claims and requests, where applicable, to ensure that solutions match problems, root causes are addressed versus symptoms, and adherence to priorities and strategies.
- Make timely and informed decisions when faced with ambiguous situations by analyzing facts, data, best practices, lessons learned, best judgement, and known directions.
- Work with vendors, where applicable, to coordinate communication, requirements, status, and timely escalate to deliver solutions effectively and efficiently to internal and external customers.
- Use DevOps to document owned deliverables in sprints and deliver these commitments while tracking time against those deliverables as feasible. Remove any blockers in a timely manner by meeting and tracking to resolution with appropriate individuals.
- Escalate any issues to management after taking the necessary steps to resolve any issues, blockers, or roadblocks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of experience in Networking and Security including, but not limited to, Windows PCs, Servers, Network switches, Routers, WIFI, Storage
Ability to act as a liaison between lines of business and the development team, while collaborating with a wide range of stakeholders, especially vendors in the IT space
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to effectively interact with senior level managers to reach forward progress decisions
- Proven analytical abilities
- Ability to manage ambiguity effectively
- Ability to translate data into actionable insights
- Strong working knowledge of relevant Microsoft applications
- This position is an on-site position with possible partial remote work if approved by department head. Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm. This position is part of the deployment roster, (currently on Tuesdays at 8PM) if needed, otherwise on call during the deployment time. The position is part of the emergency on call rotation.
- This position does require on call support after hours and on weekends as outlined in the support and rotation calendar
Click here to download the job description.