The Azure Cloud/Systems Administrator is the residential expert for asset knowledge covering all technologies at their facility. The Systems Administrator works closely with Operations and Technology and Innovation teams to research and implement cloud-based solutions increase efficiency and security of the IT systems. In addition, this role acts as a specialist in value optimization of assets received by Operations. Finally, this role acts in a support role to personnel local to the site for the Technology and Innovation group in response to service desk requests.
This is a technical position with required skill sets to include Azure cloud solutions, hardware software and networking support & administration, data center infrastructure & facilities administration, network & telephony support, messaging, desktop management, application packaging, desktop & server operating systems, directory services & security, and support of other core applications.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience, Sage has perfected the end-to-end IT asset solution to deliver the most value to your organization and to serve a range of stakeholders, including those in need. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Provide Azure cloud solutions to meet business and production needs.
- Provide on site support during business hours and after hours on-call as needed. Must have good follow-up skills.
- Manage application and systems life cycle for both Azure hosted and on-site solutions.
- Writes work instructions, documents processes, and creates documents/videos to illustrate lessons learned and knowledge gained from recoveries. Updates and manages technical data repository to ensure a strong, accurate and consistent knowledge base across all sites.
- Works with the Process Improvement team to roll out training to all sites. Works with all sites on follow up Q&A, and training on your area of technical. expertise. Participate in weekly meetings with all Technical Engineers and lead discussions for your area of expertise.
- Supports all technical infrastructure areas of Sage at assigned location as may be required to support customer and company needs.
- Contributes to the development and ongoing improvement of the culture / systems / and processes in support of the Sage Culture.
- Audits and inspects designated incoming assets to improve yield of products to reuse and resale channels.
- Works with Sales and Technology and Innovation to determine how assets can be configured into finished goods for resale to enhance our yield.
- Recognize and provide timely feedback to management, project managers, and lead support technicians with regard to roadblocks as needed.
- Protect Sage’s technical brand by securing information, practicing need-to-know, maintaining company privacy, and adhering to best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology related field, or equivalent related experience
- 5- 7 years’ experience in a technology related field
- 2 years Azure or other cloud technology engineering and management.
- Skills in IaaS, PaaS, SaaS cloud (Azure) technologies.
- Skills in application migration to the cloud.
- Skills in system lifecycle management, including patching, Logging and system monitoring using Azure Log Analytics and Monitor.
- Skills in networking, in both the cloud (Azure) on premise LAN, and WAN
- Knowledge in cloud-based endpoint security using Intune, conditional access policies and endpoint protection with windows defender.
- Knowledge in Windows Autopilot.
- Previous experience in an ITAD environment
- Previous experience in a logistics / warehouse / production facility
- Technology vendor certifications
- Experience in network troubleshooting
- Azure ARM templates and DevOps