The Staff Accountant plays an important day-to-day role in the financial operations of Sage. Our ideal candidate has experience working in full cycle accounting functions, with a focus on customer side transactions. This person should be eager to join an evolving mission-based company. As Sage experiences massive growth, the role will join a current finance group of three people. The role requires an individual that can prioritize and wants to work in an organization advancing out of its start-up phase. The position is currently remote (or in the office if you so choose.) Candidate must be within commuting distance of our Columbus, Ohio location for future potential return to the office on a hybrid basis.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Create and distribute customer invoices.
- Monitor and send customer statements.
- Apply customer payments to amounts due to include electronic payments, checks, credit cards and advance deposits.
- Research and resolve customer payment discrepancies.
- Respond to customer and internal requests for invoice and payment details.
- Support the month end close process, including assistance with journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Serve as primary backup for Accounts
- Payable processing.
- Ad hoc projects.
- This position will report directly to the Controller.
- Associate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years progressive accounting experience
- Intermediate or advance proficiency in Office 365 applications, including Excel, Word, and Email
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external business partners
- Highly detail oriented and organized at work
- Proven high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong remote work skills and communication
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- Experience in Dynamics 365 Business Central a large plus
- Previous experience working with technology teams is desirable
Click here to download the job description.