As the Shipping Lead, you will ensure operations in the area are conducted in the highest level of efficiency and utilization while maintaining industry standards in warehouse management and quality / EHS compliance. The lead is expected to monitor and maintain a constant flow of product moving through the process and acting as a point of escalation when unplanned issues arise.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience, Sage has perfected the end-to-end IT asset solution to deliver the most value to your organization and to serve a range of stakeholders, including those in need. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Maintains work area organization, housekeeping and flow.
- Ensures work areas are properly labeled with appropriate signage, aisleways taped, and product bins in designated locations.
- Reviews daily Logistics schedule to ensure shipments are properly scheduled, adequate resources are available, and locations ready to stage inbound product.
- Receives shipments.
- Verifies paperwork, matches shipment, verifies shipment weight and count.
- Stages shipments for processing.
- Reviews inbound shipments, identify shipments to be completed within the week.
- Ensures all technicians have sufficient materials to process products and ensures a constant flow of products for the technicians to work on.
- Constantly evaluates processes for potential improvements.
- Evaluates equipment, layout, material handling equipment, systems, etc.
- Develops recommendations and submits ideas for consideration.
- Reviews productivity and performance reports.
- Updates production records as required.
- Cross train in other areas within Operations to ensure site flexibility.
- 2+ years’ experience working with electronic hardware products
- Ability to identify computer hardware, servers, telecom, networking gear, and peripherals
- Strong computer literacy and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Problem solving and ability to multitask
- Strong written, verbal, and comprehension communication skills
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Forklift operation
Click here to download the job description.