The Senior Technical Operations Manager is responsible for the oversight and operational leadership of Sage Sustainable Electronics infrastructure, both on premises (corporate and warehouse) and in the Cloud. This individual is responsible for the 24x7 monitoring and support of IT systems in support of Sage Sustainable Electronics business operations. This role is responsible for ensuring the successful introduction of changes to production systems by owning the Change Management process. As part of operational responsibilities, this individual will own the Problem Management process, including responsibility for overseeing Disaster Recovery plans. This role is also responsible for effective vendor management, maintaining healthy relationships, and ensuring strong performance levels among the managed service providers under contract.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Oversees and directs the IT Infrastructure and Operations team with responsibilities for servers, storage, and networking both on premises and within our Cloud hosting providers.
- Service Management - Responsible for Change Management, Configuration Management, and Problem Management along with the Major Incident process.
- System Reliability and Availability - Partners with business colleagues to establish appropriate service level objectives for system reliability and availability and implements technology and processes to achieve SLA objectives.
- Operations - Responsible for monitoring and alerting of IT systems to ensure early detection and correction of problems.
- Project Management - Responsible for managing project scope, tasks, resources, schedules, and risks to ensure projects adhere to established budgets and timelines.
- Infrastructure Strategy - Maintains an understanding of industry and technology trends and how they may impact business operations. Assesses the impact of industry trends to current and future enterprise infrastructure needs and projects.
- Security - Responsible for vulnerability management and patching for infrastructure. Ensures IT systems are properly hardened and protected.
- Disaster Recovery - Leads the development and testing of Disaster Recovery plans and processes.
- Vendor Management - Manages relationships with and the performance of infrastructure solution providers and Cloud hosting vendors to ensure objectives and SLAs are being achieved.
- KPIs - Tracks and communicates the KPIs of owned processes.
- Budget - Manages spending within area of responsibility to adhere to budget.
- Continuous Improvement - Works with colleagues and staff to improve infrastructure costs, data center efficiency, and availability.
- Talent Management - Manages the recruitment and hiring of staff and contractors. Manages goals and performance levels for direct reports and coaches and develops team members, providing learning and career growth opportunities.
- All other duties as assigned.
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of hands-on management of IT operations, and infrastructure responsibility with broad exposure to system integrations, migrations, upgrades, and maintenance
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Demonstrated leadership ability aligning IT solutions to support business needs and strategy
- Strong project management background leading cross-functional teams and developing and executing plans on multiple projects simultaneously
- Detailed understanding of infrastructure design practices, infrastructure operations, technology standards, and vulnerability management
- Prior experience with infrastructure and operational support
- Experience in service, change, and problem management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to build consensus and to present complex presentations. Ability to explain complex technical detail and tradeoffs to non-technical associates
- Demonstrated ability to guide team members in troubleshooting, issue resolution, and escalation
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of public Cloud providers (Azure) highly desired
- Understanding of DevOps principles, including automation/scripting and configuration management desirable
Click here to download the job description.