The Senior Accountant plays an important role in the business operations of Sage. Our ideal candidate is eager to join an evolving mission-based company and to work diligently to provide financial analysis and apply best accounting practices to ensure accurate and timely reporting to stakeholders. This position will play a significant role in ongoing IT system and process improvement projects. As Sage experiences massive growth, the role will join a current finance group of three people to execute on essential day-to-day functions functions with a potential career path to Controller. The role requires an individual that can prioritize and wants to work in an organization advancing out of its start-up phase. The position is currently remote (or in the office if you so choose.) Candidate should be within commuting distance of our office for future possible return to the office on a hybrid basis.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Support the month end close process, including assistance with journal entries, account reconciliations and preparation of the monthly reporting package.
- Assist with monitoring of budgets.
- Assist with outside auditor, vendor, and customer requests.
- Manage sales, use and commercial activity tax compliance and filings.
- Support operational accounting functions, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and Fixed Asset management.
- Contribute to the development of new or amended accounting procedures.
- Ad hoc projects.
- This position will report directly to the Controller but will also work closely with the VP of Finance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years progressive accounting experience
- Intermediate or advance proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- System implementation experience and working with technology teams is desirable
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, general accounting processes and internal controls
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external business partners
- Highly detail oriented and organized at work
- Proven high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Strong remote work skills and communication
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- Experience in Dynamics 365 Business Central a large plus
Click here to download the job description.