The Operations Lead is responsible for providing direction, instructions, and guidance to the Operations Associates in their assigned area. As a working team lead you will be required to: develop strategies to achieve goals, provide training to all team members, communicate clear instructions, listen and be open to feedback, manage the day-to-day flow of operations, and create operational reporting to update the team on daily/weekly/monthly progress.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience, Sage has perfected the end-to-end IT asset solution to deliver the most value to your organization and to serve a range of stakeholders, including those in need. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Assists the Operations Manager in providing day-to-day direction to your area of responsibility.
- Trains, mentors and coaches Sage associates on Sage processes and procedures. Monitors performance to ensure associates are performing in accordance with Operations processes.
- Provides guidance to associates on the evaluation, troubleshooting and repair of electronic assets.
- Ensures hardware disposition decisions (resell, repair, harvest, recycle, etc.) are being done in line with the Sage credo.
- Verifies data security on electronics.
- Researches and resolves routine issues with quality and/or efficiency.
- Identifies and presents process improvements for consideration and implementation. Solicits employee input for process improvements in your area.
- Monitors and measures hourly, daily and monthly performance goals and objectives for your area.
- Tracks, monitors, and analyzes quality data to address opportunities for improvement (OFI) and continuously improve overall quality and efficiency.
- Reports productivity measurements to the Operations Manager; including hourly, daily, and monthly performance goals and objectives.
- Provide feedback to the Operations Manager regarding associate performance.
- Assist with internal/external audits.
Support other areas as necessary, flow to the work.
- Associate’s degree in a technology field, or equivalent experience or 2+ years’ experience working with hardware products, preferably in a repair related field
- Must contain strong communication, people, leadership, and analytical skills
Strong sound business judgment, ethics, and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Must have strong computer literacy, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be results oriented, team oriented, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel to other sites or customer locations (10% of time)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting ability
- Computer BIOS configuration ability
- Ability to configure, repair and/or upgrade electronic assets
- Ability to identify and install pc hardware and peripherals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in various forms (written, oral or diagram)
- Must be a self-starter
- Must be able to work in a team atmosphere
- Must be willing to learn all aspects of Operations (11 areas)
- Must display daily integrity, ownership, self-accountability, and urgency with all tasks/projects
- Previous experience with MRM, or like product for Materials/Inventory Management (MM/IM)
- DOT training
- DGI Training
- Repair Certifications with major technology brands
- Stand-up forklift experience
- ISO experience
- 6S/Kaizen experience
Click here to download the job description.