The amount that Sage pays for “individual” and “family” benefits is equal to additional hourly pay of $1.71 and $5.27 respectively.
The Onsite Technician performs asset decommissioning, processing, detailed evaluation, upgrade, and critical data security functions in the field at customer locations. This position is customer facing and has the responsibility to bring out the highest value of the products, while also protecting any sensitive data stored on the systems and maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Provides technical guidance to material handlers and third-party vendors performing Sage Onsite Services including asset decommission, data security, and other services.
- Identifies, inventories, and decommissions electronic assets from live data center environments.
- Performs detailed audit and reporting on hard drives and other electronic assets.
- Performs data security on electronic assets.
- Evaluates electronic assets and determines value based on physical and operational condition.
- Enters detailed asset information into the ERP system that is not auto-populated by the data security software.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Complete daily duties with the assigned time limits and quality parameters for specified tasks.
- Flexibility to work in multiple areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Evaluates and identifies hardware for specific disposition (resell, repair, harvest, recycle, etc.).
- Inspects, classifies, diagnoses, evaluates, disassembles and repairs computer hardware.
- Configures, upgrades and tests computer hardware and peripherals.
- Upgrades products through the addition of new hardware.
- Adjusts, repairs, and replaces worn or defective parts.
- Works with Sales to evaluate the feasibility to repair and/or upgrade assets.
- Evaluates inventory on hand to determine if parts are available for upgrade and/or repair. Submits orders for parts from inventory that are needed for upgrades, or submit a request for parts that are not currently in stock.
- Installs operating system (OS) to computer products per procedure.
- Cross trains in all areas within Operations to ensure site flexibility and contribute to the development and ongoing improvement of the Operations systems and processes.
- Works in Operations and reports to Operations leadership when not engaged in Onsite Services.
- Ability to represent Sage onsite at customer locations in a professional manner and appearance.
- Ability to travel up to 80% of the time.
- Associate’s degree in a technology field, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience working with hardware products, preferably in a repair related field.
- Strong computer literacy.
- Results oriented, team oriented, and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to life 50 lbs. or more.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Diagnostic and troubleshooting ability.
- Ability to configure, repair and/or upgrade electronic assets.
- Ability to identify and install pc hardware and peripherals.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in various forms (written, oral or diagram).
- Strong written, verbal, and comprehension communication skills.
- Prior field services experience.
- Familiarity with data centers.
- Wide range of technical repair / training.
- Familiarity with asset management / value recovery programs.
- Certifications for technical product lines, networking, computers, mobile telecom.
- Knowledge of Apple and Microsoft applications and operating systems.