As the Network Category Manager, you will actively promote sales, enhance our yield of quality items within the category and assist in improving and identifying operational improvements to our process within this category. You are highly knowledgeable about networking devices, which includes anything from network devices, arrays, cables, hubs, and switches. As the category manager, you will be responsible not only for sales but will lead the charge in identifying improvements to our processing and operational development of the category as well as assist our marketing and merchandising department in developing, maintaining, and growing our customer base. You should have knowledge of how networking gear is sold in the retail/eCommerce and B2B space as well the general wholesale/broker outlets. To be successful in this role, you are committed to achieving sales goals with minimal supervision and should demonstrate effective communication and negotiation.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Manage product price per sales channel, including to consumers, businesses, wholesale (which includes retailers and brokers), non-profits, and to repair firms.
- Increase our average selling price per asset being sold through the sales channels with a specific focus on moving from wholesale buyers to consumers and B2B.
- Maintain budgeted inventory turns and minimize aging without diluting price.
Increase yields (those products defined as marketable and sellable) for each category.
- Increase the percentage of sales to more direct consumer and B2B.
- Present, promote, and sell products/services from within the networking category.
- Establish and maintain positive business and customer relationships.
- Reach out to customer leads through cold calling.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction.
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule.
- Coordinate sales effort with other team members and departments.
- Analyze the territory/market’s potential, track sales, and complete status reports.
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Identify key operational processing requirements for best sales results.
- Keep abreast of best practices and promotional trends.
- Continuously improve through feedback.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) but at least high school diploma or GED.
5+ years networking sales experience within the manufacturer/distributor/reseller field or within the general wholesale broker field
- Proven work experience as a sales representative
Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in sales
- Excellent selling, communication, and negotiation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
- Relationship management skills and openness to feedback
- Sales Experience: 5+ years
Click here to download the job description.