The Marketing Director oversees Sage’s promotion and advertising efforts to drive sales and build brand awareness. This position has the responsibilities to develop an overall marketing plan, approve campaigns, and measure the return on investment of various advertising methods. Our ideal candidate is collaborative, data-driven, and is experienced in marketing B2B services in a competitive environment. The Marketing Director will report to the co-founders, will partner with other leaders, and will play a significant role in the strategic planning of Sage.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience, Sage has perfected the end-to-end IT asset solution to deliver the most value to your organization and to serve a range of stakeholders, including those in need. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Evolve the marketing efforts for our current offerings into a cohesive marketing strategy that increases leads and realized revenue.
- Generate and manage an annual communications plan and budget for advertising, print, graphic design, website development, and other marketing efforts; negotiate media buys and contracts.
- Partner with sales and product leadership to develop the go-to-market strategy for our future solutions.
- Craft and execute successful marketing campaigns and then use a data-driven approach to confirm their effectiveness with true ROI.
- Develop and execute marketing initiatives for specific channels that will further awareness of our solutions and increase the selling opportunities across various marketing channels.
- Develop key messages for multiple and highly different audiences (finance leaders, IT leaders, purchasing leaders, electronics consumers, online shoppers, etc).
- Provide leadership and planning for all areas of digital communication including website content management (using Hubspot), strategic email communications, and social media integration.
- Transform our website from an information repository into a powerful selling tool that generates leads.
- Create and follow a content marketing strategy to define the audiences to be reached by digital and social media, the expected outcomes, and how results will be measured.
- Understand SEO best practices and develop a plan for monitoring web traffic and improving SEO on an ongoing basis.
- Evolve our current marketing material and oversee development of new material.
- Create and establish brand voice and visual consistency across channels.
- Establish clear, analytical goals for the marketing department in close collaboration with our sales and finance leaders.
- Review analytical data to assess effectiveness of various. communications efforts/vehicles and refine plans and delivery as needed to improve outreach.
- Create compelling content for blog posts, articles, whitepapers, flyers, etc; provide assistance to various team members with crafting/proofing/editing similar materials.
- 10+ years of proven success in a senior role in a marketing team
- 3+ years experience in Hubspot; Hubspot certification preferred
- Proven experience in leading and growing a high-performing marketing team using data analysis and clear success metrics
- Excellent leadership, communication, analytical, and project management skills
- Expertise of marketing techniques and strategies across a variety of media, both digital and non-digital
- Proven success in designing and implementing effective marketing campaigns
- Proven success marketing B2B services or product offerings
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field
Click here to download the job description.