The Systems Administrator / Hardware Technician is the site residential expert for asset knowledge covering all technologies at their facility. The Systems Administrator / Hardware Technician works closely with Operations and Technology and Innovation to research and implement hardware/software tests to increase efficiency and security of asset production. In addition, this role acts as a specialist in value optimization of assets received by Operations. Finally, this role acts in a support role to personnel local to the site for the Technology and Innovation group in response to service desk requests.
This is a technical support position with required skill sets to potentially include hardware and middleware server (physical & virtual) support & administration, data center infrastructure & facilities administration, network & telephony support, messaging, desktop management, application packaging, desktop & server operating systems, directory services & security, and support of other core applications.
- Provide tier 2 production and employee technical support during business hours and after hours on-call as needed. Must have good follow-up skills.
- Audits and inspects designated incoming assets to improve yield of products to reuse and resale channels.
- Works with Sales and Technology and Innovation to determine how assets can be configured into finished goods for resale to enhance our yield.
- Writes work instructions, documents processes, and creates documents/videos to illustrate lessons learned and knowledge gained from recoveries. Updates and manages technical data repository to ensure a strong, accurate and consistent knowledge base across all sites.
- Works with the Process Improvement team to roll out training to all sites. Works with all sites on follow up Q&A, and training on your area of technical expertise. Participate in weekly meetings with all Technical Engineers and lead discussions for your area of expertise.
- Supports all areas of Sage at assigned location as may be required to support customer and company needs.
- Contributes to the development and ongoing improvement of the culture / systems / and processes in support of the Sage Credo.
- Recognize and provide timely feedback to management, project managers, and lead support technicians with regard to roadblocks as needed.
- Protect Sage’s technical brand by securing information, practicing need-to-know, maintaining company privacy, and adhering to best practices.
- Associate degree in technology related field, or equivalent related experience
- Three+ years’ experience in a technology related field
- Basic knowledge of installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of technical equipment (servers, laptops, desktops, phone, mobile, networking, printers, office equipment)
- Ability to configure, repair and/or upgrade electronic assets
- Ability to identify and install pc hardware and peripherals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in various forms (written, oral or diagram)
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, comprehension
- Self-starter, team-oriented, and excellent attention to detail
- Results oriented individual, who demonstrates urgency, ownership, and personal accountability
- Ability to travel to other sites or customer locations (10% of time)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience in an ITAD environment
- Previous experience in a logistics / warehouse / production facility
- Technology vendor certifications
- Experience with Hypervisor technology (Hyper-V)
- Experience in network troubleshooting (Cisco)
- High level understanding of enterprise environment