The Systems Administrator/Network Engineer is the site residential expert for asset knowledge covering all technologies at their facility. The Systems Administrator works closely with Operations and Technology and Innovation to research and implement hardware/software tests to increase efficiency and security of asset production. In addition, this role acts as a specialist in value optimization of assets received by Operations. Finally, this role acts in a support role to personnel local to the site for the Technology and Innovation group in response to service desk requests.
This is a technical position with required skill sets to potentially include hardware and middleware server (physical & virtual) support & administration, data center infrastructure & facilities administration, network & telephony support, messaging, desktop management, application packaging, desktop & server operating systems, directory services & security, and support of other core applications.
- Provide tier 2 production and employee technical support during business hours and after hours on-call as needed. Must have good follow-up skills.
- Audits and inspects designated incoming assets to improve yield of products to reuse and resale channels.
- Works with Sales and Technology and Innovation to determine how assets can be configured into finished goods for resale to enhance our yield.
- Writes work instructions, documents processes, and creates documents/videos to illustrate lessons learned and knowledge gained from recoveries. Updates and manages technical data repository to ensure a strong, accurate and consistent knowledge base across all sites.
- Works with the Process Improvement team to roll out training to all sites. Works with all sites on follow up Q&A, and training on your area of technical expertise. Participate in weekly meetings with all Technical Engineers and lead discussions for your area of expertise.
- Supports all technical infrastructure areas of Sage at assigned location as may be required to support customer and company needs.
- Contributes to the development and ongoing improvement of the culture / systems / and processes in support of the Sage Culture.
- Recognize and provide timely feedback to management, project managers, and lead support technicians with regard to roadblocks as needed.
- Protect Sage’s technical brand by securing information, practicing need-to-know, maintaining company privacy, and adhering to best practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree in technology related field, or equivalent related experience
- 5- 7 years’ experience in a technology related field
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of technical equipment (servers, laptops, desktops, phone, mobile, networking, printers, office equipment)
- Ability to configure, repair and/or upgrade electronic assets
- Ability to identify and install pc hardware and peripherals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in various forms (written, oral or diagram)
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, comprehension
- Advanced knowledge of networking protocol setups, including VLans and Wifi.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Hypervisor technology (Hyper-V).
- Advanced knowledge of security standards, firewall, proxy, VPN, policies and routing.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server environments including Active Directory, Domain Controllers, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Capable to engage in professional conversations on the subject matter of networking, infrastructure, and support with prospect customers.
- Manage vendor relationships with product and service providers.
- Self-starter, team-oriented, and excellent attention to detail
- Results oriented individual, who demonstrates urgency, ownership, and personal accountability
- Ability to travel to other sites or customer locations (10% of time)
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Previous experience in an ITAD environment
- Previous experience in a logistics / warehouse / production facility
- Technology vendor certifications
- Experience in network troubleshooting
- Azure conditional access