This position is essential to the day-to-day function of the finance group and requires an individual that has the ability to prioritize while thriving in a team-based, fast paced and detail-oriented environment. A successful Staff Account is resourceful and demonstrates the initiative to participate beyond what is required.
- Assist controller in monthly close process, including preparation of journal entries and variance analysis
- Assist in daily and weekly financial management reporting
- Resolve customer-billing problems and accounts receivable delinquency
- Complete distribution of customer invoices and statements
- Complete processing of vendor invoices and process payments
- Serve as primary back-up for Payroll
- Utilize computerized accounting software programs (Quickbooks, Excel, Word) to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Continuously work to improve processes by identifying technology or quality improvements; provide suggestions to leadership.
- This position will report directly to the Controller
- High School Diploma, college level accounting classes or Accounting Degree preferred.
- 4-6 years hands-on accounting experience.
- Experienced in Quickbooks
- Experience with excel spreadsheets and automated accounting systems
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work efficiently
- Ability to listen, communicate (written and verbal), and follow-up effectively with all levels in the organization
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced ever-changing work environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction