The Sourcing Manager leads all sourcing activities, develops the budget for sourcing, and will build a team to grow the function as necessary to meet the demands of the business over time. The Sourcing Manager is responsible for developing key suppliers and ensuring that our supply chain includes vetted contingent suppliers who meet Sage standards at comparative prices to prevent outages and mitigate against channel and manufacturing constraints.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Reducing the cost of all sourced products/services (except Logistics) and establishing the competitive terms, including pricing, payment, stocking, returns, order turnaround, etc. Target YOY reductions will be established annually.
- Directing all supply chain partners with the highest integrity and transparency. Contracts will be developed in conjunction with the VP of Legal Affairs, approved by VP of Product Planning and Merchandising, and signed by the President.
- Managing supplier performance on a quarterly basis for service levels, pricing compliance, product quality, and other critical aspects as defined.
- Managing supplier applications, due diligence assessments, and competitive pricing exercises.
- Collaborating with leaders in all departments as a liaison to external partners and provide research, sourcing options, and market intelligence to align Sourcing priorities with the needs of the business.
- Seeking out diverse suppliers to achieve 10% or higher diverse supplier spend.
- Seeking out suppliers who align with our sustainability objectives. For instance, B Corps Certified companies.
- Overseeing and developing manufacturer relationships of strategic importance such as Microsoft, HP, Apple, Dell, Cisco etc. This includes maintaining these supplier authorizations and maximizing sourcing advantages and developing a thorough understanding of their programs and presenting recommendations based on this understanding. This includes licensing, parts and repair authorizations.
- Establishing supplier review process, maintaining reports regarding progress, challenges, and changes to our partners and vendors.
- Maintain detailed calendars, alerts and schedules of timelines and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience working with procurement, vendor management and partnership procedures
- Ability to understand, respond to and apply complex requirements with interdisciplinary team