This senior-level developer will contribute to innovation which is critical for the growth of a fast growing, mission-driven sustainability business. The Senior Applications Developer is responsible for the development of web applications that take into consideration all aspects of application development architecture design including – performance, scalability, coding, caching, security, encryption, session state management, and error logging and testing. Successful candidates will be self-starters and have a passion for software development. Collaboration with all Sage departments and with our enterprise customers is required, making good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Participate in requirements meetings and fully understand/document the needs of the client/stakeholder
- Take responsibility for multiple applications through analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment, implementation and support.
- Provide input into system architecture and application design.
- Implement all aspects of application development – coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, documentation, and testing.
- Perform unit and system level testing on applications.
- Utilize industry standards to ensure highly performant, maintainable code that can be easily tested.
- Diagnose system defects and trace problematic system behavior to the origin source code.
- Use documented best practices to ensure systems are developed in a consistent manner that will allow for high scalability.
- Provide technical mentorship for other team members.
- Embraces the Sage culture, supports the Sage Credo, and demonstrates commitment to the Sage mission and passion for the environment. Achieves targeted goals and business results through creativity, initiative, and personal accountability, while realizing true work-life balance.
- Comfortable working on multiple high priority tasks and interacting with business unit leads to resolve issues.
- 10+ years development experience
- 7+ years experience with implementation of enterprise or e-business systems
- 7+ years in C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework 4.5+
- 3+ years developing against a web-based interface using HTTP(S), JSON/SOAP
- 7+ years using SQL Server 2014/2016 using ORMs, writing queries and stored procedures
- 5+ years developing RESTful services
- Understanding of common development practices such as DI/IOC, TDD
- Understanding of event-based systems, including message bus technologies
- Proven track record of designing scalable, resilient, distributed software applications.
- Familiarity with working in an Agile software development environment.
- Experience building message-based applications using RabbitMQ.
- Experience with .NET Core.
- Experience with Docker containers or other container technologies.
- Experience developing applications using Node.js, Gulp, Bower or Grunt.
- Experience with small company/startup environments.