The Operations Specialist will work closely with management on all areas of the production and distribution processes. They will be responsible for the oversight of workflow throughout Operations. The Specialist will act as a liaison between Operations and all other Departments within Sage to ensure effective communication and requirements are adhered to. This role will work closely with Human Resources for interviewing and onboarding new associates. They may train, inspect, audit, and report on all areas of the production processes, parts, and material.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Inspection, measuring, and reporting of operational processes.
- Liaison for communication: requirements, SLA’s, and priorities.
- Identify problems and questions, and report to appropriate management personnel.
- Participate in Quality and Corrective Action Containments.
- Participate in Inventory Control/Cycle Count processes.
- Recommend process improvements.
- Works with Client Engagement to ensure Lot instructions are clear and being executed efficiently.
- Assists the Business Operations Manager in planning, organizing, and coordinating functions relating to the operation of the business.
- Provides recommendations and suggestions for improvements in any aspects relating to quality and increased performance.
- Recruiting of candidates: prescreen candidates, interviewing, and submission of offers.
- Onboarding new hires: orientation, benefits overview, safety and security training.
- Ensures Sage policies and procedures are being adhered to.
- Human Resources related tasks as assigned.
- Submits Purchase Orders for procurement of equipment.
- Manages supply ordering.
- Works with Tier I and IT for support.
- Represents Operations in cross-departmental meetings.
- This position may be required to work on other related duties based upon the needs of the organization and department.
- Associate’s degree in a technology field, or equivalent experience of 1-3 years’ experience working with hardware products, preferably in a repair related field
- Good social and presentation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with associates and leadership
- Strong sound business judgment, ethics, and professionalism
- Must have strong computer literacy, working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be results oriented, team oriented, and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to travel to other sites or customer locations (10% of time)
- Must display daily integrity, ownership, self-accountability, and urgency with all tasks and projects
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must be able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization and time management skills are also highly valued
Preferred QualificationsClick here to download the job description.