The Logistics Specialist will be responsible for day-to-day support of inbound and outbound logistics services. This position requires continuous interaction with client on-site customer contacts, Client Engagement teams, Operations, and 3PL teams to ensure that all transportation services are completed based on customer expectations. The Logistics Specialist will report directly to the Senior Manager On-Site Services as a part of the Client Engagement Team.
Who We Are
Sage Sustainable Electronics leads the market in sustainable IT asset management and disposition (ITAD) by reusing more and recycling less. We serve Global 2000 and mid-market companies with a passion to make IT greener and more rewarding.
Woman-owned and with more than 30 years of experience, Sage has perfected the end-to-end IT asset solution to deliver the most value to your organization and to serve a range of stakeholders, including those in need. Every year, businesses retire millions of used-but-still-useful technology products, creating the fastest growing business and consumer waste stream in the world. We strategically and passionately help companies reuse more and recycle less than anyone else in the industry.
- Reports directly to the Senior Manager, On Site Services
- Communicates to on site customer contacts to gather requirements and provide excellent follow through
- Communicates with 3PL, LTL, FTL, and Small Parcel vendors to track all shipments/deliveries
- Track vender (external) and internal quality issues
- Schedule 3PL, LTL, Small Parcel vendor pickups
- Schedule 3PL, LTL, Small Parcel deliveries
- Serve as first point of contact for all transportation vendors
- Serve as liaison for transportation vendors, Customer Service Team, and Operations Team
- Establish and maintain accountability with client on-site contacts, internal teams, and transportation vendors
- Create/facilitate transportation quotes
- Data management - ensuring all transportation data is updated timely and accurately
- High school diploma/GED (Bachelor's degree preferred)
- 2 to 5 years' experience in customer service or logistics management
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, SharePoint
- Excellent time management
- Capable of working independently and in groups
- Upbeat personality
- Proven track record of successful customer-facing communication
- Must be 18 or older
- All applicants are subject to a criminal background investigation
- All applicants are subject to drug test
- We will consider remote workers outside the Columbus area on a case-by-case basis.