This mid-level developer will contribute to innovation which is critical for the growth of a fast growing, mission-driven sustainability business. The Applications Developer is responsible for the development of web applications that take into consideration all aspects of application development architecture design including – performance, scalability, coding, caching, security, encryption, session state management, and error logging and testing. Successful candidates will be self-starters and have a passion for software development. Collaboration with all Sage departments and with our enterprise customers is required, making good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Participate in requirements meetings and fully understand/document the needs of the client/stakeholder
- Take a product through the entire lifecycle of analysis, design, coding, testing, deployment, implementation and support.
- Implement all aspects of an application design/development – high performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, documentation, and testing.
- Perform unit and system level testing on applications.
- Utilize industry standards to ensure highly performant, maintainable code that can be easily tested.
- Diagnose system defects and trace problematic system behavior to the origin source code.
- Use documented best practices to ensure systems are developed in a consistent manner that will allow for high scalability.
- Embraces the Sage culture, supports the Sage Credo, and demonstrates commitment to the Sage mission and passion for the environment. Achieves targeted goals and business results through creativity, initiative, and personal accountability, while realizing true work-life balance.
- Comfortable working on multiple high priority tasks and interacting with business unit leads to resolve issues.
- 4+ years development experience
- 3+ years experience with implementation of large enterprise or e-business systems
- 3+ years in C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework 4.0+/.NET Core, Visual Studio 2015/2017
- 3+ years developing against a web-based interface using HTTP(S), JSON/SOAP
- 3+ years using SQL Server 2012/2014 writing queries and stored procedures
- Understanding of common development practices such as DI/IOC, TDD
- Windows Server 2012
- Proven track record of designing scalable, distributed software applications.
- Experience with Web API, Entity Framework (ORM), RESTful system design a plus.
- Knowledge of Remote Debugging using Visual Studio Remote Debugging Tools
- Experience developing applications using Node.js, Gulp, Bower or Grunt.
- Experience using NoSQL/Index engines such as MongoDB, Solr
- Amazon Web Services experience preferred.