The Technical Engineer is the site residential expert for asset knowledge covering all technologies at their facility. The Technical Engineer works closely with Operations and Technology and Innovation to research and implement hardware/software tests to increase efficiency and security of asset production. In addition, this role acts as a specialist in value optimization of assets received by Operations. Finally, this role acts in a support role to personnel local to the site for the Technology and Innovation group in response to service desk requests.
- Provides tier 1 production and employee technical support during business hours and after hours on-call as needed. Must have good follow-up skills.
- Audits and inspects designated incoming assets to improve yield of products to reuse and resale channels.
- Works with Sales and Technology and Innovation to determine how assets can be configured into finished goods for resale to enhance our yield.
- Writes work instructions, documents processes, and creates documents/videos to illustrate lessons learned and knowledge gained from recoveries. Updates and manages technical data repository to ensure a strong, accurate and consistent knowledge base across all sites.
- Works with the Process Improvement team to roll out training to all sites. Works with all sites on follow up Q&A, and training on your area of technical expertise. Participate in weekly meetings with all Technical Engineers and lead discussions for your area of expertise.
- Supports all areas of Sage at assigned location as may be required to support customer and company needs.
- Contributes to the development and ongoing improvement of the culture / systems / and processes in support of the Sage Credo.
- Recognize and provide timely feedback to management, project managers, and lead support technicians with regard to roadblocks as needed.
- Protect SageSE’s technical brand by securing information, practicing need-to-know, maintaining company privacy, and adhering to best practices.
- Associate’s degree in technology related field, or equivalent related experience
- Three+ years’ experience in a technology related field
- Basic knowledge of installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of technical equipment (servers, laptops, desktops, phone, mobile, networking, printers, office equipment)
- Ability to configure, repair and/or upgrade electronic assets
- Ability to identify and install pc hardware and peripherals
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions furnished in various forms (written, oral or diagram)
- Strong communication skills: written, verbal, comprehension
- Self-starter, team-oriented, and excellent attention to detail
- Results oriented individual, who demonstrates urgency, ownership, and personal accountability
- Ability to travel to other sites or customer locations (10% of time)
- Ability to lift 50 lb’s or more
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience in an ITAD environment
- Previous experience in a logistics / warehouse / production facility
- Technology vendor certifications